We have an immediate need for an experienced Financial Officer with the following qualifications
- BS/BA degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field or a MA/MS degree or equivalent in the required fields.
- Experience in corporate accounting or financial management is preferred.
- Working knowledge of accounting regulations and practice
- Working knowledge of cost accounting and financial control
- Strong time management, problem solving, and organization skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Is responsible for the protection of corporate assets and establishment and maintenance of good internal financial controls
- Is responsible for the overall organization and control of general accounting, cost accounting, accounts payable and receivable
- Ensures that financial operations conform to the company’s established policies, GAAP, and federal and state requirements
- Is responsible for cash management and general liability, property and casualty insurance coverage
- Prepares and compiles periodic financial statements, financial analyses and statistical information and reports to assist executive management in assessing the company’s financial performance
- Prepares accounting books, records and reports as may be necessary to permit officers to exercise adequate planning and control of the business; ensures accounting records are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting guidelines and auditing standards
- Develops and implements internal finance, accounting, billing and auditing procedures; coordinates, prepares and monitors operating budgets
- Analyzes cash flow, develops and implements measures to reduce operational cost, control expenses and maximize profit
-Coordinates preparation of annual Tax Return with an outside CPA firm; coordinates and reviews accounting and tax reporting activities of the company including daily accounting operations, monthly closing, monthly depreciation/amortization entries, fixed assets reports, unsecured property tax reports, quarterly tax return, etc.
- Records income and expense activities; provides inventory controls for assets and property
- Prepares daily deposits and disbursements required by the company’s activities